Sunday, December 1, 2013

On watching the movie, Meet Joe Black


Just finished watching one of my favorite all time movie, Meet Joe Black. 

I can't tell you exactly why, but there's something about a movie that speaks in volumes, when Death's human experience in love and gratitude, is the main objective of the movie (never-mind that it's played by Brad Pitt). One of the main characters, played by Anthony Hopkins, is a character I so admire, that every time I watch this movie, my only fantasy, is to grow old, to be the female version of the character of the man he plays. It always gives me that kick in my soul. 

One of my favorite line in the movie; "don't blow smoke up my ass, you'll ruin my autopsy."

I've never been the type of woman that really enjoyed chick flicks, unless I'm PMSing. 
I gear towards movies that has meat, content, volume, the stories that shows us the greatness and failures of being humans. Scars and all. Movies like Shawshank Redemption, The Usual Suspects, David, Bagger Vance, and the Red Violin.

My list of movies are very dynamic, their not simple to take in with just one viewing, or easy to except, and they're not the normal of what most women my age would gravitate towards. Then again, I’m not most women. If there was such a thing as past lives, I know I must have been a boy, a man, an old man, a million times over. I like my movies with many edges, plots, mystery, sometimes an abundant amount of guns and things that goes bang, all wrapped into a beautiful poem. Oh, and I don’t compromise. 

When I write poems, when I write the words, the stories in my novel is not about romance or simple human existence. My poems & stories linger in my mind, in my soul, till I know it will haunt you, like it haunts me, in a sweetest way. With the same familiar essence of the stories, movies, I tend to gravitate towards, repeatedly.

My desire has always been to write novels, in the same genre of movies that lingers in my heart and your heart, for eternity. 

-LRAEBROWN

No comments:

Post a Comment