Sunday, December 1, 2013

OTHER PEOPLE'S PAIN












OTHER PEOPLE'S PAIN (Poem)

"I once witness a man, 
play these heartless games
with some poor girl.
She was crazy about him.
I've witness the other women react to him.
I've witness him play these games a thousand times before.

He had this poor girl 
wrapped around his fingers.
When he blinked, 
there she jumped.
When he appeared, 
her light comes on,
like a robot.
I knew she was another weak one.
His perfect victim.

What I knew deep in my heart,
eventually, she was going to be
devastated and broken hearted.


I couldn't be dragged into 
such a selfish game. 
I refuse to play any games, with a man.
I refuse to play a game 
that cause other people pain. 
I’ve witnessed a man, 
so callous with other people's heart.

I didn't want any part of that.
I have too much self respect,
and love for others,
to lower myself to such disgrace.
I don't want to be the cause,
of anyone's pain.
That's not the shape of my heart.

He wanted to see 
if our past life still existed.
He said, he was crazy about me 
& wanted a second chance. 
But I knew, 
something is deeply broken in him. 
It's not my place to glue the pieces. 

Words are just words. 
Even when they rhyme. 
It's the actions, 
the values,
the integrity of a good man, 
that's worth a billion. 
It's the values a woman holds 
close to her heart, 
that will attract that type of man." 

Karma can be kind or mean. 
I choose to treat her as my Queen.

― LRAEBROWN
© 2013 

No comments:

Post a Comment