Monday, December 2, 2013

What a wonderful world...

I finally remembered, 
the song that was playing
on 4 violins, as I walk down the isle, 
of Saint Michael's Catholic Church, 
on the North side of Chicago, 
a beautiful day in the spring of 2000.

Our family and friends watched with love
in their heart. I can smell the starch
on my father's Marine Corps uniform.
The sound of his sword rubbing against his coat
and his white glove holding my hand,
as he walks me down the isle.

White dress with a 12 feet train, to boot.
Red roses was the smell of my bouquet.
A man in a tuxedo, waiting for me
at the top of the throne.
I couldn't keep my eyes off of him.
All my favorite poems
was written on his face.
I saw the tears flowing down his cheeks,
the smile in his eyes said it all.

With the violins echoing in this huge cathedral,
I think to myself,
What a wonderful world...

― LRAEBROWN
© 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment